10 Steps Towards Symptom Freedom
There is good news. We can successfully eliminate the symptoms of a food allergy by discovering what foods serve as our triggers. By excluding the trigger food from our diet, the intestinal inflammation quickly recedes and the symptoms disappear. We can also take additional precautions to remove other chemical triggers from our diets and environments. Here are 10 straightforward steps towards symptom-free health.
1. Eat organic produce, especially if you are pregnant or considering having children. Organic produce complies with strict pesticide regulations and it doesn't have the synthetic compounds found in genetically modified crops.
2. Wash, wash, wash conventional produce. Though it doesn't remove all the residue, it will help.
3. Eat food that is in season. Food that is shipped or trucked in from far away is often treated with chemicals or preservatives.
4. Buy natural cleaning products.Petroleum is the main component in most dish-washing liquids and detergents. Some even contain suspected hormone disruptors. Use healthful cleaning products, such as Ecover, or a home-made solution of vinegar, water and lemon juice.
5. Avoid plastic.Bisphenol A (present in infant feeding bottles) and phthalates (present in children's toys) are serious hormone disrupters. They can deform sex organs among other things.
6. Avoid air fresheners.Aerosol propellants contain tiny particles which burrow in human lungs, as well as flammable and nerve-damaging ingredients. Instead of spraying Febreeze, open a window, dust or sweep.
7. Avoid Petroleum-based fragrances. Natural fragrances made with actual flower, fruit and plant-based extracts are available.
8. Clean household supplies.Use water-based varnishes and glues, paints, stain removers, sealants and adhesives. Avoid rooms that have been recently painted.
9. Avoid preservatives and food dyes. Preservatives such as BHA, BHT, TBHQ are especially detrimental. Consumption of food dyes has increased almost threefold since the 1980s, rising from 6.4 million pounds in 1985 to more than 17.9 million pounds in 2005.
10. Get an ALCAT (antigen leukocyte cellular antibody test). A simple and cost-effect food allergy test can quickly determine which offending foods may be causing behavioral, mental and physical issues in your body. The test identifies physiological reactions to over 350 foods, chemicals and other potential inflammation triggers. David Ortiz, baseball star from the Boston Red Sox, recently took the test. Read this interesting ESPN report on how Ortiz's dietary changes have significantly improved his energy level and his game. This food allergy test is available at Ann Arbor Holistic Health.
“You are what you eat. Or, even more accurately, you are what you absorb,” says Dr. John Wycoff, an osteopath based out of East Lansing who believes hormonal balance, allergies and diet are integral to health. As reactionary medicine and over-usage of prescribed chemicals fail to alleviate our pain and discomfort, more and more physicians are embracing holistic approaches to healing. Through a deeper understanding of what our bodies do and do not absorb, and how these physiological responses affect us, we can take charge of our wellness and move towards a brighter, more fulfilling future.
Please call to schedule a free consultation and evaluation.
At Ann Arbor Holistic Health we are known for providing professional and compassionate care. We strive to guide people towards a comprehensive and holistic healing strategy. Restoring your body to health will restore the quality of your life.
10 Steps Towards Symptom Freedom